MotorStorm 2-dot-0 [Patch] Out … in Europe?
Looks like Evolution Studios, the UK developers of MotorStorm, may have heard the cries of several gamers and myself about a few issues with a great game. It would seem that an update was confirmed for the EU market this past Tuesday where owners can download the patch dubbed Version 2dotO. Included in said update are:
- Vehicle Select enhancement to your last-used vehicle in each class will now be presented as the default choice during vehicle selection: Well, that’s great but does it solve the initial loading of the game. This is a good way to attempt to solve a problem that is perhaps irreparable but kudos for trying … now doesn’t that contradict the fact that some cars only work well on some tracks guys?
- Assigned player colours are now displayed in the lobby to make keeping track of your friends and rivals easier during online races and Eliminator matches: A sensible cosmetic update I think.
- Further Player-Stat Improvements: Vague
- Purchasers of Coyote Revenge can now race this track in Online and Time Attack: Cool
- Purchasers of Eliminator Mode will find results from this mode also contribute to their Fame Ranking: Cool
- Track Exploits for Grizzly and Raingod Mesa have been addressed: Cool
- Headset support An occasional firewall conflict with headset communications has been resolved: I didn’t even know this was a problem, wow.
- Headset support voice comms output now available exclusively through headset: Never heard of this one, but okay.
- Many other improvements and tweaks throughout the game: Vague
The list comes straight from Sony. You can see it on their blog site. The thing about MotorStorm is that it’s a great game but those little things listed about were always an annoyance to players. I doubt the loading problem will be tackled as hoped but it’s cool that Evolution Studio’s was nice enough to even consider a fix for this game. I hope Factor5 will take suit.